Monday, July 2, 2012

Anchorage Day

Went to Anchorage the other day... had to go to another travel clinic to try and get this last vaccination for Thailand (it was only a consultation and I have to go back two more times to actually get the shot...so inconvenient) but it has to be done.  Words of wisdom to anyone else who travels abroad- check on medical stuff early and plan on it costing.  I mean, I did both but could have done more I guess.  Every doctor has a different opinion and there's a bunch of ways to go about things.   A skill you must have for traveling- be able to roll with the punches.  Or as Jack Johnson would say "move like a jellyfish, rhythm is nothing, you go with the flow, you don't stop".  And I just know, I'll need this skill on multiple occasions.

Anyways, I also got coffee (Kaladi Brothers of course) with one of my Alaska friends Kari (Osky) which was great, just wish we had more time to hang out.

Back in Girdwood now.  Woke up and went running.  I said that the Anchorage half marathon was going to be it, that I'd take a nice long break from running.  That lasted at whole 6 days (and would have been less had it not been for hiking and such).  But there's something about running in the mountains that makes me want to run forever and ever.  I just did some intervals with walking in between (simply to lengthen my time out there-- instead of cramming in 6-7 miles in a row, I spread them out so I could spend my entire morning out there).  I even took a coffee break when I came to the highway...popped into a cute little bakery/cafe and ordered a coffee, went to pay with my debit card (it's all I carry when I run, well, and my ID) but unfortunately there was an annoying 10 dollar minimum for a card.  The lady behind me offered to buy me my coffee.... Alaskan's are awesome people.  Definitely gonna pay the favor forward.  Good karma for all.


Home sweet home for the past week- Ax's 84' Dolphin.
We giggle at how ridiculous it is but really have enjoyed hanging out in this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment