Saturday, September 15, 2012

Birthday!

Well, yesterday was my birthday. And so is today....  It was a bit weird since it was my birthday here long before it was my birthday back home and it's technically still my birthday back home but its almost noon on the 15th here.  Anyways,  it was a good birthday in all- I've been feeling healthier, I kept thinking what an awesome presents Ax and my family had given me (a flight tour of Denali and a plane ticket to California) and my classmates all went out to dinner with me (we had class all day).  They let me choose the restaurant-  I picked The Dairy Hut (oh the irony ... I'm lactose intolerant) which, despite the very Western name, has amazing Thai food.  I had some pad see ew and some shrimp cakes (deep fried shrimp donut things) which are my current favorites. Ended up running back to our hotel through monsoon rains, laughing pretty much the whole way.  And today Ax surprised me with a phone call from his satellite phone today to say happy birthday (it was still my birthday there even though it wasn't over here- it was like having an extended birthday).  Poor guy had to ride a dirt bike to the top of a mountain to do so though and the connection was a sub par (I don't even know what the cost of a few minutes of talking was), but it was wonderful to hear from him and it definitely made me smile.

Kelsey, Jessyca and I at Dairy Hut for my birthday dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment